The Shade Tree Commission was created by Ephrata Borough Council Ordinance No. 734 on November 10, 1958 to perform all the duties and exercise all the powers conferred by law upon borough shade tree commissions. A Shade Tree Ordinance was subsequently adopted by Ordinance No. 754 on January 11, 1960 giving the Shade Tree Commission custody and control over the maintenance and protection of shade trees within the right-of-way lines of public highways, streets and alleys within the Borough of Ephrata.
Our Mission: To enhance the environmental health and enrich the appearance of the Ephrata Community by the conservation and stewardship of shade trees along its streets and community open spaces.